- Robert Nelson
- Emily Bell
- Michael Cheesman
About the team
Carbon Group Working Areas:
- Satellite-based greenhouse gas observations (primarily carbon dioxide and methane)
- Carbon flux inverse modeling
Key Science Goals:
- A better understanding of the present state of the earth’s carbon cycle, and the contribution of the biosphere to carbon cycling at regional scales.
- Observing changes to the earth’s carbon cycle in the era of climate change.
- Feasibility of monitoring anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases from satellites
- Orbiting Carbon Observatory 2 and 3 (with NASA JPL)
- GeoCarb (with NASA and the University of Oklahoma)
- ACT-America field campaign (with NASA and Penn State)
- Designing optimized space-based GHG observing systems (with NASA Goddard)