Paul Hamer received his BSc in Mathematics from The University of Kent at Canterbury (1983). His areas of interest include n-tier architectures in support of real-time telemetry processing. He has been working at the Global Systems Division (GSD) of the Earth Systems Research Laboratory (formerly the Forecast Systems Laboratory) since 1999 developing real-time data ingest and management systems for the Data Systems Group (DSG). These systems handle various meteorological datasets and produces value added products for use by other groups from inside and outside the division for model development, verification and display.
Above: An example image from the enhanced 10km global satellite looping product developed at GSD displayed using Google Earth. The framework Paul has developed within DSG is able to support the production of the necessary image and KML files required to provide this display in real-time.
- Hamer, P., Mahoney, J. L. , Petty, M., 2013: A Framework for Automated Forecast Verification and Dissemination of Performance Information, 29th Conference on Environmental Information Processing Technologies.January 6-10, 2013, Austin, TX
- Mahoney, J. L. , Bright, D.R., Hamer, P., Lack, S., Layne, G., Petty, M., Wandishin, M., 2013: The Role of Verification Services in Support of Integrated Decision Making, 16th Conference on Aviation, Range, and Aerospace Meteorology, Amer. Meteor. Soc. .January 6-10, 2013, Austin, TX
- Layne, G., Hamer, P., Hart, J. E., Kay, M. P., Lack, S., Loughe, A. F., Pettegrew, B. P., Petty, M., Wandishin, M., 2013: VERIFIED: A web-based tool to assess potential airspace constraint from operationally-relevant forecast products, 16th Conference on Aviation, Range, and Aerospace Meteorology, Amer. Meteor. Soc..January 6-10, 2013, Austin, TX
- Lipschutz, R. C., Hagerty, D., Hamer, P., Lannigan, P., MacDermaid, C. H., 2010: A high performance LDM data cluster, AMS 26th International Conference on Interactive Information and Processing Systems (IIPS) for Meteorology, Oceanography, and Hydrology.January 17-21, 2010, Atlanta, GA
- Li, Yaohang, Baber, C., Burns, M., Esterline, A. C., Freeh, V., Fuller, K., Govett, M. W., Hamer, P., Hansen, T., LeFebvre, T., Mysore, A., Schultz, M. S., 2008: A sensor information framework for integrating and orchestrating distributed sensor services, 6th Annual NOAA-CREST Symposium.February 20-22, 2008, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
- Hamer, P., 2005: FSL central facility data systems concepts, AMS 21st International Conference on Interactive Information and Processing Systems (IIPS) for Meteorology, Oceanography, and Hydrology.January 9-13, 2005, San Diego, CA